Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make sure I get emails from Clemson Lofts?
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your approved senders list in your email account. This will ensure you receive all correspondences and nothing from us will go into your Junk or Spam folder.
What if i am having issues with the internet?
Having issues connecting, experiencing slow speeds and need help? Please contact IQ Machines below for assistance. Please do not submit maintenance requests through your myrentportal account for ANY internet related issues. Please call IQ Machines Technical Support at 864-305-4210 or Click here to submit an online request.
How do I get my cable to work? Do i need a cable box?
No cable box is needed. Simply connect your TV with your own cable wire (RG6) to the cable jack in your apartment. To be sure you are receiving all the channels we provide please run a configuration on your TV. Through the menu options on your TV, be sure to choose the connection as cable and not antennae. After choosing cable, run a channel search on your tv. Please note every TV is different and your TV may have a different setup procedure within the menu.
When are payments due?
Typically, payments are due on the FIRST of each month. For new residents, your first installment is due one month before move-in date.
Are all my INVOICES displayed in one LOCATION?
Yes, all residents and guarantors can access their monthly invoices through MyRentPortal.com. In addition, monthly invoice reminder emails are sent to residents and guarantors.
Do you have a grace period?
While we do not have a grace period, installments are considered late after the 1st day of the month and the late fee is added at midnight on the 2nd day.
What is the cost of a late fee?
Our late fee is $175.00. Please, don’t cost yourself the extra money. Set up recurring payments at MyRentPortal.com or contact Resident Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Where can I pay my monthly installments?
What forms of payment do you take?
We accept credit/debit card (except American Express), eCheck, through TENANT’s MyRentPortal.com account.Payment processing fees may be applied. Check, certified check or money orders made out to Clemson Lofts P1, LLC may be mailed to corporate office P.O. box 4369, Jackson Wy 83001. Sorry, we don’t accept cash.
Is Clemson lofts for clemson university students only?
No. Clemson Lofts is highly ideal for Clemson University students due to its proximity to campus and amenities that provide for a great environment to study and thrive, but is also open to any type of residents. Owner does not discriminate in the sale or rental of housing, including against individuals seeking a mortgage or housing assistance, or in other housing-related activities. We fully comply with the Fair Housing Act which prohibits this discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, and disability. Owner fully complies to a variety of other federal civil rights laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibit discrimination in housing and community development programs and activities, particularly those that are assisted with HUD funding. Various federal fair housing and civil rights laws require HUD and its program participants to affirmatively further the purposes of the Fair Housing Act.
What HOLIDAYS ARE YOUR OFFICES and clubhouse CLOSED?
- Tuesday December 24th, 2019 – Christmas Eve – Closed All Day
- Wednesday December 25th, 2019 – Christmas Day – Closed All Day
- Thursday December 26th, 2019 – Closed All Day
- Friday December 27th, 2019 – Open from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Saturday December 28th,2019 – Normal Clubhouse hours resume.
New Year’s Week:
- Tuesday December 31st, 2019 – New Year’s Eve – Closing at 1:30pm
- Wednesday January 1st, 2020 – New Year’s Day – Closed All Day
- Thursday January 2nd, 2020 – Normal Clubhouse hours resume.
Our offices and clubhouse are closed on the following other holidays:
- Labor day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day – July 4th
Where can residents park?
With a valid decal residents are welcome to park in the resident spaces across the community (1 vehicle per space). Spaces are not assigned per building. View Parking Map
Where do residents get their parking decals to allow them to park in resident spots on Clemson Lofts Property?
Residents should register their vehicle with Death Valley Towing by clicking REGISTER MY VEHICLE
When picking up your parking decal from Death Valley Towing, please show the office your myrentportal account on your phone so they can verify you reside or will be residing at the Lofts.
- One decal allowed per resident. Decals are specific to the registered vehicle and cannot be placed on any other vehicle other than the vehicle the decal is registered for.
- Decals must be renewed every year. Previous year decals have definite expiration date. Expiration date is set to July 15th, 2020 for this years permits and July 15th for consecutive years.
- Motorcycles are required to have a decal.
Where do residents place their parking decals?
Residents should place their valid parking decals on the driver side lower left of the rear windshield of their car.
I have a moped/scooter, where can I park it and do I need a separate decal for it?
Residents are allowed to park their moped/scooter at any of the provided bike racks. Moped/scooters should never be parked on the sidewalks or in the breezeway or on other grassy areas locked/chained to trees. Decals are not required for mopeds/scooters.
I have aN RV/BOAT, where can I park it and do I need a separate decal for it?
Residents are instructed to contact resident services to submit information about their RV/Boat. After submitting, residents must get an RV/Boat decal from Death Valley Towing for ONE RV/BOAT spot. Additional monthly fees are associated with parking an RV/Boat at Clemson Lofts. All RV/Boats must be parked in a dedicated RV/Boat parking spot by the 100 building. RV/Boats are not to be parked in Visitor Spots. RV/Boats must be detached from vehicles when parked in registered RV/Boat spots. RV Parking Spot
Where can visitors/guests park?
Visitors are welcome to use the spots marked with “VISITOR” for up to 24hrs. View Parking Map
How are the visitors/guest spots marked?
Please click on the following to see a picture of a valid visitor parking spot. No other spots other than the YELLOW painted visitor spots as depicted in the picture below are valid visitor spots. View Visitor Spot
Is there a limit to visitor parking?
It is first come first serve and there is a limit of VISITOR parking spots at the community. Visitors/parents/guarantors/anyone without a parking decal are not to park in resident spots for any reason whatsoever. View Parking Map
IF visitor parking IS FULL WHAT ARE MY OTHER OPTIONS?
Park elsewhere and take the CatBus to our community. Other options HERE.
Game day parking when visitor spots are full of residents visitors. CLICK HERE
I was towed. Who do I call or email?
Call Death Valley Towing at 864-895-0505 or email email@example.com. You may also check out their FAQ
What number should I call for Emergency Maintenance?
Please dial 864.643.2882. The representative will need your name, telephone number, address and nature of your emergency or concern.
This number is for EMERGENCIES ONLY!
A situation such as:
- Water leaks of any kind.
- No hot water
- No heat in winter or loss of refrigeration.
These are emergencies and the emergency number should be used.
What is considered a Maintenance Emergency?
Some common emergencies are:
- Fire (Call 911 first)
- Water Leaks – Any and All
- Loss of Heat in Winter
- Loss of Refrigeration
Emergency Maintenance (EMERGENCIES ONLY):
Call 864.643.2882. When calling please give the operator your full name and your apartment address.
Monday-Sunday 24 Hours 7 days a week
What is NOT considered a Maintenance Emergency?
Here is a brief list of what is NOT considered an Emergency. Please take into consideration in order to not desensitize our staff to TRUE emergency calls. Please refrain from calling the emergency number for the following:
- My car was towed. Please contact Death Valley Towing at 864-895-0505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also check out their FAQ
- Can’t connect to the internet or having internet Wi-Fi issues. Please call IQ Machines Technical Support at 864-305-4210 or Click here to submit an online request.
- Smoke detector beeping because of low battery is not an emergency. Please submit a work order through myrentportal.com. The next business day maintenance will replace the smoke detector battery.
- Dropping keys, phone or anything in compactor by mistake and requesting retrieval is not an emergency. Be vigilant to not drop anything in compactor of value or that you wish not to discard. Our staff does not enter compactor for any reason due to safety concerns.
Who should I call for security emergencies?
For Security Emergencies contact the Clemson Police at (864) 624-2000 or dial 911.
What is my mailing address?
It is 111 Cochran Road, Apartment number, Clemson, SC 29631 Example: 111 Cochran Road, Apt.XXXX, Clemson, SC 29631
Where do I pick up my regular sized packages and mail?
Mail is delivered to your assigned mailbox which is located in the mailbox building by the top of the clubhouse.
Where do I pick up oversized packages?
For oversized USPS packages you will receive an email in reference to your package. Please stop by the clubhouse office during business hours to pick up your package. A photo ID and is required to collect your package.
For all UPS and FedEx packages or any other non USPS deliveries, UPS/FedEx/Other delivery companies will deliver the package directly to your apartment door. Our office will not accept and/or sign for UPS/FedEx/Other packages intended for residents.
What are the quiet hours?
Quiet hours are Sunday through Thursday from 11PM-9AM, Friday and Saturday from 2AM-9AM.
What are the pool / HOT TUB hours?
Pool hours are Monday – Sunday from 9AM- 10PM. No use of pool or hot tub is allowed after 10PM. The pool is closed for the season on October 31st and reopens weather dependent in early spring. Hot tub remains open year round.
Are pets/animals allowed in the pool/hot tub or pool area or clubhouse?
No pets/animals are allowed in the clubhouse, pool, hot tub or pool area for any reason whatsoever at anytime.
What if I need to terminate my lease early?
Please email the Leasing Team at email@example.com
How long do your leases run?
All of our leases are 11.5 months in length. Payments are made in 12 equal installments and a payment schedule can be found on page 2 of the lease.
DO YOU ALLOW SUBLEASING?
We do not allow subleasing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Do you allow dual occupancy in your One Bed / One Bath units or in the bedrooms OF Two/ Three/ Four BEd Units?
When leasing by the bedroom, dual occupancy is not permitted in 2-bed/2-bath, 3-bed/3-bath or 4-bed/4-bath unit types. Dual occupancy is only allowed in 1-bed/1-bath units, but that requires an additional monthly fee and both parties must sign a dual occupancy lease.
Is Clemson Lofts pet friendly?
We are indeed pet friendly for those residents that are conscientious in caring for their pet.
A brief explanation of our pet policy is as follows:
- Pets must be over 6 months old.
- Pets must be under 35lbs.
- All roommates that reside with pet owner and pet must agree to having pet in unit.
- A non-refundable pet fee of $425 ($395 for F19/S20) leases due upon first monthly lease payment for new lessees or immediately upon addition of pet for current residents.
- A $55 ($45 for F19/S20 leases) per month pet fee is required by owner of pet.
- Pet owner must sign a pet policy addendum in addition to their lease.
- All pet’s must wear assigned Clemson Lofts Pet Tag at all times.
- All pet’s allowed are per Agent’s discretion.
- Only one pet is allowed per apartment.
- All pet’s must be kept on a leash while out on property.
Do you provide shower curtains and rods for the apartments?
It is the residents responsibility to bring their own shower rod and curtain.
What are some of the measurements of the windows and other locations in the apartment?
Measurements are as follows: (Please note measurements may vary slightly)
- Bathtub opening for curtain rod (Only applicable for certain bathrooms): 5’9″
- Shower opening for curtain rod: 4’6″ Bathroom windows: 34″ Wide x 49.5″
- Tall Bedroom Window (larger window): 34.5″ Wide x 72.5″
- Tall Bedroom Window (Smaller – only applicable for certain bedrooms): 34″ Wide x 49.5″
- Tall Windows facing porch/deck (Applicable for 1 bedroom, 4 bedroom standard and 4 bedroom penthouse units): 66″ Wide x 73″ Long
- One Bed/One Bath bar top height is 50” and countertop height is 36”
- Two Bed/Two Bath Apartment countertop height is 36”
- Three Bedroom/Three Bathroom Apartment bar top height is 40” and countertop height is 36”
- Four Bedroom/Four Bathroom Standard and Penthouse Apartments bar top height is 40” and countertop height is 36”
- Town home bar top height is 50” and countertop is 36”
Do you have furnished units?
Call about Furniture Special! Complete this form to start the furniture rental process.